Decra Limited Warranty
DECRA roof owners, you DO NOT need to register your warranty. Your DECRA warranty is implied and therefore registration is optional and no warranty number is required.
If you would like to have your new DECRA roof included in our database to assist homeowners who would like to view a roof in the same DECRA profile and color that you selected, then please click the link below and complete the brief survey. No information other than your address, the profile and color will be released. You can complete as much or as little information as you like.
DECRA Roofing Systems, Inc. (hereafter the Company) hereby warrants to the original property owner purchaser (Owner) that during Owners lifetime, each DECRA roofing panel (Panel(s)) will: (1) remain free from manufacturing defects that would adversely affect the performance of the Panels; (2) be resistant to blow-offs in wind velocities up to 120 miles per hour; and (3) resist hail damage, (the Lifetime Limited Warranty). For the purpose of this Lifetime Limited Warranty, hail damage is defined as follows: (1) penetration of hail stones completely through the Panel; or (2) cracks or splits of the Panels steel substrate around the point of impact.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: For Panels actually containing defects in material or manufacturing workmanship which affect performance, the Company shall at its sole option either repair or replace the defective Panel, provided the Companys liability shall be limited to a total expenditure not to exceed the reasonable replacement cost of the particular defective Panel during the first twenty (20) years after installation. After 20 years, Companys contribution for years 21-40 will be the reasonable cost of materials only for replacement of Panels, prorated at 1/600 per month elapsed since original installation. For years 41 and beyond, Companys contribution under this Limited Liability Warranty will be fixed at 20% of the reasonable replacement cost of materials only for defective Panels. The Company will attempt to replace defective Panels with the same color or design. However, color variations may exist between Panels manufactured at different times and the Company may discontinue or change the design of a particular product profile. In any event, the Company reserves the right to replace the defective Panel with a Panel of similar design and color.
TRANSFERABILITY: The Owner may transfer this warranty to a subsequent property owner during the first twenty (20) years after the Panels initial installation, which will then become a materials only limited warranty for years 21-50. To be effective, the transfer information (property address, original owner, new owner and a copy of the original proof of purchase) must be mailed to the Company at the address below within 30 days from the change of property ownership. Further transfers will void this warranty.
This Lifetime Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
1. A written notice of defect and a copy of the original proof of purchase must be sent by mail to the Company. The notice must contain the name and address of the owner of the claimed defective Panel or Panels and must describe the defect in detail.
2. The Company shall not be liable for, and this Lifetime Limited Warranty does not apply to, any damages to the Panels or any other property because of any reason other than the specific defects in materials or manufacturing workmanship defined in this Lifetime Limited Warranty. Causes not covered in this Lifetime Limited Warranty include, but are not necessarily limited to:
(1) damage resulting from defects, movement or subsidence in the structure on which the roof is installed; (2) abusive foot traffic resulting from a variance in the manufacturers instructions; (3) damage to the Panels caused by any application of cleaning solutions, paints, coatings or modifications of any kind; (4) damage to the Panels caused by misuse, neglect, or improper handling during or after installation; (5) damage caused by failure to follow the manufacturers installation instructions; or (6) shading or discoloration caused by fungus, mold, lichen or algae, mold growth or other contaminants A separate warranty covering the installation of Panels may be made available by the installation contractor.
3. This Lifetime Limited Warranty is the only warranty the Company makes with respect to the DECRA roofing Panels it sells. Dealers and installers of DECRA roofing Panels are not authorized to extend or modify the terms of this Lifetime Limited Warranty in any manner.
4. THE COMPANY SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGE CAUSED BY LEAKS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. THERE SHALL BE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE BEYOND THE TERM OF THIS LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY OR BEYOND THE TERM PRESCRIBED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE IN WHICH THE PANELS ARE SOLD IF THAT TERM IS SHORTER THAN THE TERM OF THIS LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. No warranty shall apply to any DECRA roofing Panel modified, altered or changed in design or function after it has left the factory, except when the alteration is required by the manufacturers installation instructions.
7. The replacement of any DECRA roofing Panel by the Company shall not extend the term of this Lifetime Limited Warranty except as required by law.
8. This Lifetime Limited Warranty gives the original purchaser of DECRA roofing Panels specific legal rights and you may also have other rights under state or federal law.
9. If any provision of this Lifetime Limited Warranty is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
10. This Lifetime Limited Warranty is only applicable to original property Owners of single family detached residential property as outlined herein. The warranty for any other type of building owners shall be 50 years from the date of installation and subject to materials only proration for years 21-50 at 1/600 per month elapsed since original installation.
SCHEDULE AN ESTIMATE, FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
Thank you for contacting GnZ Contractor Solutions, a representative will contact you shortly.